Why Mombasa is the perfect safari destination for Kids getaway : Mombasa is the perfect safari destination for kids getaways. It offers an array of exciting activities and attractions that will make your children’s holiday a memorable one. From its beautiful beaches, unique wildlife, historical sites, and vibrant culture, to its world-class restaurants and shopping malls;
Mombasa has something for everyone. Whether you’re looking to relax in the sun or explore the city with your family, Mombasa is the ideal safari spot for a fun-filled vacation. With plenty of opportunities for adventure and relaxation, there’s no better place than this stunning coastal town to spend quality time with your little ones. The city has a wide range of activities for locals, visitors and kids. Whether you’re looking to get active and explore nature or stay indoors and enjoy an exciting game of chess or soccer, Mombasa has the perfect safari activity for your little one.
Here are our top recommendations for the best things to do with kids when visiting Mombasa.
- Enjoy a day at the beach. Mombasa offers endless opportunities to spend time at the beach with your family while exploring Kenya’s natural beauty. Whether you’re looking to enjoy some sand in your toes as you walk along the shoreline or want to take a dip in the ocean, Mombasa has the beach for you.
- Take in some culture at a local market. Whether you’re visiting Mombasa during the busy season or on an off-season weekday, be sure to stop by one of the city’s many local markets. You’ll have an immersive experience with your family as you wander through bustling alleyways of vibrant colors and cultural sounds.
- Visit a local zoo. One of our favorite activities with kids is visiting zoos. There are several zoos located around Mombasa so be sure to take advantage of what each has to offer. From the African Wild Life Conservatory to the Mombasa Marine Park ; Aquarium, there are many opportunities to have fun and learn with your family.
- Go biking. Kids enjoy and exploring biking in Mombasa on the bikes especially during the off-season kids finds a quieter side street without much traffic.
- Visit a historical site or museum. In the heart of downtown is Old Fort Jesus, a historic site where you can visit an old Portuguese fort that has been restored for visitors. There are also several museums in town that you can explore.
- Visit a local market. There is a weekly Saturday open-air market in Mombasa, where you can find anything from shoes to spices.
- Cruise the coastline. Mombasa has plenty of beautiful beaches, and taking long walks by the coast and admiring the views of the ocean as well as being able to watch sunsets.
- Enjoy a day at Hilton Beach Resort. This resort offers so many activities including water sports, snorkeling, golfing, boating and hiking. We loved having our own personal beach for lounging around on our days when we weren’t diving into the pool.
- Visit a local village. If you want to experience life as locals live, visit one of the villages near Mombasa or on an island off shore and take part in their everyday activities such as farming, fishing and weaving.
- Explore the nearby islands. Mombasa has many nearby islands to explore, including Lamu which is home to an ancient UNESCO World Heritage site that’s well worth a visit.
5 best Hotels for an unforgettable family vacation in Mombasa with kids.
Mombasa is one of the most beautiful cities in Kenya and the perfect safari destination for an unforgettable family vacation. With its stunning beaches, vibrant culture, and exciting adventure activities, there’s something for everyone. To make your family vacation even more memorable, here are five of the best hotels in Mombasa that offer fun activities and amenities for kids. From beachfront resorts to luxury hotels with kid-friendly pools, these hotels have everything you need to make your trip a memorable one. Crown International Hotel. A hotel just steps away from Sunset Beach, the Crown International offers a plethora of family-friendly activities for children.
The hotel has an exciting arcade, luxurious spa and fitness center, and a personal concierge to assist with all your family’s needs. Plus, you’ll find fun activities like live music night clubbing in the lobby on weekends. Stay at the Crown International for an unforgettable family vacation in Mombasa.
The Pangani Resort and camp, Spa is one of the most sought after destinations for families in Mombasa. With its beautiful serene surroundings, manicured lawns, and private beachfront swimming pool, this resort is the perfect place to relax.
The resort offers a wide range of family activities such as surfing lessons and water sports on the private beach. They also feature an all-inclusive restaurant with delicious meals served around their fire pit.The Pangani Resort and camp; Spa has a room for every budget with some offering views of the Indian Ocean and others boasting incredible views of Kilifi Bay from their large windows. Book your room today at the Pangani Resort & Spa for your next Mombasa adventure with your kids.
What to look for when choosing a kid friendly Hotel in Mombasa.
Are you planning a family vacation to Mombasa and looking for the perfect kid-friendly hotel? Choosing the right hotel for your family can be difficult, especially when you want to make sure that your kids will have a great time. Fortunately, there are several things you can look for when selecting a kid-friendly hotel in Mombasa. From amenities that cater to children of all ages, to activities and entertainment options, this guide will help you find the perfect Kenya safari place for your family vacation.
What to ask for when selecting a kid-friendly Hotel in Mombasa. What types of activities does the hotel offer? Some hotels in Mombasa have excellent amenities, like a pool, and entertainment options that include bowling and billiards. Other hotels may not offer anything that children would find interesting.
In order to avoid disappointment on your vacation, you should ask what activities are offered at the hotel before you book it. Are there any organized children’s programs. If you’re looking for an exciting safari activity during your family vacation, some hotels offer organized events on weekends or during the day. Other hotels don’t offer anything that would interest children. If children’s programs are offered, ask the hotel if they have any special arrangements you can make to ensure your child’s participation in these activities.
Is there a pool? – Swimming pools are a popular place for adults and children to socialize and cool off on vacation. Ask what type of pool the hotel has so you know whether it will accommodate both adults and small children who might be afraid of diving into deep waters without parents.
How to enjoy the most exciting places and activities with kids in Mombasa.
Mombasa, situated on Kenya’s Indian Ocean coast, offers a wealth of exciting activities and places for kids to explore. From snorkeling and beach time to visiting the local wildlife parks, there are plenty of ways to enjoy the region with your family. With its stunning natural beauty and vibrant culture, Mombasa can be an ideal holiday safari destination for families who want to make the most out of their time together. Here are some tips on how to enjoy the most exciting places and activities with kids in Mombasa.
Mombasa Beach – This stretch of white sand and turquoise water is a great place for kids to swim and play in the waves. It’s also a popular spot for other activities like sea kayaking, snorkeling and scuba diving. Just be careful of the currents that can sweep away children who are not swimming with adults. You can rent gear at local shops or take it with you if you are traveling to the beach by boat.
The Mombasa Zoo is located on an island near the city center, and there are plenty of amazing animals to see. This zoo has been recognized by the international standard for providing top-quality care for its animals and is home to over 300 species. There are also two beautiful lakes that you can swim in, or take a boat or kayak to.
You may also want to visit the nearby historical site, Gedi Ruins . The Gedi Ruins is another UNESCO World Heritage Site that was built by the ancient Swahili culture. The ruins are built into a hill, and the view is beautiful. There are many stone walls, pillars and arches throughout the site that you can see and explore.